December 1, 2007

Sing Your Song

Earlier this week, I had the opportunity to listen with full and complete attention to the music album, Sing Your Song, by Canadian musician, Kat Goldman. I must say, I think the album is wonderful. For me, it fell into the category of right thing at the right time and I felt deeply moved by it. On the first listen through, I wept, at times, in response. The music imbues beauty and the kind of strength that you sense goes deep. The album art is also lovely with black and white images of Canadian women dancers taken from 1908 to 1948.

If you are at all curious, visit Kat's website at www.katgoldman.com. On it, you can listen to some full songs from the album, as well as samples of others. I would also direct your attention to her bio where it gives powerful context for the victory of this album, as well as of Kat's life as she spent two years going through numerous surgeries and learning how to walk again after a freak accident--all in the not so distant past.

Admittedly, I do not know much about Kat but in what I know and my own experience of her music, I think she is remarkable. I offer her my heartfelt thanks for being true to herself, for following this dream, and for sharing her music with the world. This is a gift.

No comments: