January 29, 2009

Sticky-notes and cue cards: Introducing Idea-Bytes...

I've been spring cleaning this January. One of my goals--an on-going one--was to make headway with the papers that have been collecting on my desk. As I was saying to a friend this evening, I really enjoy having a clear desk yet in my home office of sorts I find this difficult to accomplish, and even more difficult to maintain.

I did make progress today on the organization front, which is great, although my desk does not fully reflect the accomplishment. While tackling one section of desktop about 6 square inches in size, I began looking through a collection of cue cards that have gathered: cards on which I have jotted little notes, questions, bits of information to remember or ponder. Over the next while, I might use them as inspiration for the blog, providing samples from this well-established habit of mine of jotting little bits of ideas I think of or encounter onto little bits of papers when they come. Cue cards, sticky notes, little notepad papers, and those letter-sized yellow note pad pages are common receptacles for my latest jot.

(As a sidebar, I might mention that I really don't enjoy writing on those yellow notepads but they are a staple in my workplace where some of my jotting down inevitably happens.)

Selected from no particular order, here is today's sample, which I will call Idea-byte One:

Forget about perfection. The object is to set in motion a higher order for your life. --Cheryl Richardson, best-selling author of the useful book, Take Time for Your Life.

No comments: