November 27, 2007

About This Blog

Sustenance, as defined at www.thefreedictionary.com, refers to:

  • the act of sustaining
  • the condition of being sustained
  • the supporting of life or health; maintenance [of these]
  • something that sustains life or health, especially food
  • means of livelihood

It is my belief that there are multiple things that support life and health. While I hadn’t thought about it quite this way before, it occurs to me now that sustenance–in all its multi-coloured robes–is the lifeblood of my work–to work to support life and health; to act to sustain; to promote hope, compassion, richness in living, wholeness, healing.

In this blog, I aim to embody the spirit of sustenance and the nurturing of this from my unique vantage point as a person with a certain set of experiences and life circumstances (just as you have yours); as a mental health professional; an artisan; a dreamer–in whole, as a woman making her way in the world.

I endeavor to write on this site to provide stories, ideas, and resources directed at sustenance, little morsels for the journey, snippets to nourish, sustain, or inspire. I will draw from the material of my living–that which I have encountered and has moved me in some way. I also aim to provide food for thought when it comes to the question of what nourishes, enriches, and sustains with reflections from daily living and from work in my chosen field.

No comments: